Referred to as the ‘King of Fruit’, mango is not only delicious, but also nutritious. This yellow gem is a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, as well as antioxidants; all of which possess health-boosting properties. With the ongoing summers, make it a point to relish this delicious fruit without any hesitation.
Here are some of the many health benefits offered by mango. Take a look!
Top 4 health benefits of mango:
1. Vitamins and minerals– Mango is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, which help guard against heart diseases and other chronic conditions, such as cervical and colon cancer. Vitamin A and C helps provide the body with potassium that is necessary to regulate blood pressure and ensure your bodily processes function correctly. Another vital vitamin provided by mango is vitamin E, which is known to support the hormonal system to work efficiently.
2. Antioxidants- This fruit is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols and beta-carotene. This compound is said to possess powerful anticancer effects on the human body. Expert nutritionists state that foods that contain antioxidants could help in preventing heart diseases, cancer, dementia, diabetes, etc.
3. Acidity and digestion- Mango holds stomach-soothing properties and is known to aid digestion as well. This is because of the enzyme found in the fruit. In addition, diet consultants also state that these enzymes are partly accountable for the feeling of contentment, ensuring you lead and maintain a healthy lifestyle. This means that it is a healthy snack option indeed.
4. Fiber- Mango contains a high amount of fiber, which makes it helpful in keeping your motion regular and prevents constipation. The fiber also guards you against high blood pressure and cholesterol levels; keeping all other chronic diseases at bay.
Healthy Mango Recipes:
1. Prawns and Mango Salad
• 400 gms cooked prawns
• 1 ripe, diced mango
• 8 halved cherry tomatoes
• ¼ sliced cucumber
• A sprinkle of mint leaves
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
2. Mango on yogurt
• 1 cup of sugar and salt free yogurt
• 1 ripe, diced mango
3. Mango Salsa
• 1 finely chopped onion
• 1 finely chopped tomato
• 1 finely chopped mango
As you’ve read above, the health benefits of eating mangoes are galore. Make mango a part of your daily diet and benefit your overall health in the long run. You could also contact a dietician to know more about the health offerings of mango.
Of course, remember that there are professionally-trained dietitians and nutritionists who can provide you you with even more expert advice on the benefits of eating mangoes, including what is an acceptable quantity and frequency and who should avoid eating mangoes.
– Article curated by The Health Capsule team.