For healthy radiant skin you need not spend hours at the spa and burn a big hole in your pocket. Following a simple skincare regime, eating well and protecting your skin from sun can help a lot. Effective and affordable skin treatment products also do the needful for your skin care rather than visiting an expensive dermatologist.
If you are living with a very busy schedule and do not have time for intensive skin care then indulge in some basics. Good and proper skincare along with a healthy lifestyle assists in delaying your skin’s natural aging procedure and at the same time prevent different skin problems.
Follow these no-nonsense tips for healthy flowing skin:
1. Shield yourself from the sun
Protecting yourself from the sun is a very important tip for protecting the skin. Too much of sun exposure for lifetime causes age spots and wrinkles along with other skin problems. Hence for complete protection from the sun:
- Apply sunscreen with at least SPF 15 before stepping out in the sun. do not forget to reapply sunscreens after intervals when you are outside for long durations or while you are swimming or perspiring.
- Look out for shade and try to avoid sun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. as the sun is strongest during this time.
- Dress yourself in protective clothes. Try to cover yourself with long-sleeved tops that are tightly woven, long pants as well as wide-brimmed hats.
2. Stop smoking:
Smoking tends to make your skin look older and develops wrinkles. It also narrows down the small blood vessels in your skin’s outermost layers that reduce blood flow. The improper blood circulation also deprives the skin from oxygen and the nutrients required for healthy skin. Smoking also harms elastin and collagen, the essential fibers that give strength and elasticity to your skin. If you smoke, the ideal way to protect your skin is by quitting the habit. A doctor can help you to quit smoking.
3. Take care of your skin gently:
Daily cleansing and shaving takes a toll on your skin’s health. To keep it soft and gentle:
- Do not have long bath. Hot water bath and long showers drains out all the essential oils from your skin. Hence it is important to limit your bath time. Prefer warm water instead of hot water.
- Evade the use of strong soaps as they also remove oils from your skin. Go for mild cleansers.
- Shave your skin with care. Apply shaving cream or gel before you shave to protect and also lubricate your skin. For close shave make use of sharp and clean razor and Shave in the direction of the hair growth not against it.
- Pat your skin dry after a bath or after washing it. This will help to retain your skin’s moisture.
- Moisturize your skin according to your skin type. Prefer a moisturizer with SPF for daily application.
4. Eat healthy food:
Healthy diet helps you look and feel the best. Have abundance of vegetables, fruits, whole grains in addition to lean proteins. Diet with good amounts of vitamin C and low fats and carbohydrates uphold younger looking skin.
5. Manage stress
Stress makes your skin sensitive and triggers acne breakouts. For healthy skin you need to have healthy state of mind which needs stress management.