It is a common belief that the heart of a healthy life is the elimination of unhealthy food. However, rather than focusing on cutting food items, incorporate nutrition, protein, vitamin, and health-boosting foods in your diet chart. Providentially, several foods focus on healthy life. Here are top Superfoods for foodies to hog:
- Oily fish: – Salmon, Sardines, and forage fish are a great source of vitamin A & D and minerals. These oily fishes are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for heart disease, prostate cancer, eye health, and brain damage. Oils made out of these fishes are also useful, if consumed daily in your diet. It contains unsaturated fats that lower the risk of several detrimental health disorders.
- Beetroot: – It is one of the most beneficial ‘Superfoods’ having ample health benefits. Beetroot improves the blood circulation level. Drinking beetroot juice is good as it improves stamina, lowers the chances of heart diseases, lowers cholesterol level, and acts as an anti-cancer diet. Beetroot is the excellent source of Vitamin C and minerals, therefore necessary for a healthy life.
- Nuts: – Eating these foods helps reducing bad cholesterol and lowers the risk of heart attack. However, nuts contain high calories; therefore, one should not consume it in large quantity. Nuts contain proteins that are essential element for healthy life. Brazil nuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, walnuts etc. contains different nutritional properties.
- Berries: – This tops the list of Superfoods for better health. Acai berry, blueberry, raspberry should be included in your healthy diet chart. One generally cannot go wrong with berries, as these are high in antioxidants, which is a great health food. Berries improve vision, blood circulation, and fights against colon cancer.
- Oats: – It helps in weight reduction, so if you are on any such plans switch to oats immediately. Oats contain minerals like zinc, calcium, and iron. It is also a good source of Vitamin B. It reduces blood pressure, lowers the risk of heart attack, and helps in reducing weight. This is a popular breakfast among teenagers due to its ample health benefits.
- Tomatoes: – This basic salad ingredient has natural health-maintaining properties. Consumption of tomatoes strengthens immune system, fight against cancer, and heart disease (to some extent). However, kidney stone patients must avoid the consumption of tomatoes.
Include these nutritional diets in your three-course meal and see the difference in just a month.